Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Love and Insanity

aaaaah Love, sweet Love (not sure if I'm being sarcastic here). I must admit, up until October of this year, it was only a fantasy to me, and I firmly believed it would stay that way for a long while. But alas it found me. I say that love found me because it presented itself to me in a place I did not expect. But, enough about me I'll speak more generally about this mushy gushy topic.

Spring has sprung and yes, Love is in the air.

Now some would swoon and croon at this thought, and most of us who live in the real world would retch and point and fun. Let's face it, Love is pretty hard to grasp unless you yourself are in Love with someone who's in Love with you and you have a funstioning relationship. I don't want to sound like a 'Love snob' here, but it's my firm opinion, from my experience, that you can't really have a grasp on what Love is like until Love finds you.

And no I do NOT mean something along the lines of "Oh yeah, they are so cute, I am TOTALLY in Love!"

What I mean is someone comes and charms you themselves or you charm someone else, and you/they accept fully and wholeheartedly.

You may be saying, "OH! That's me! Pick me!" But my friend this is not the end! The story foes on and on! More importantly after the initial three months of wooing the REAL relationship starts. The relationship that works, but is very clearly perfect.

You might say "but if we're in love, it should be perfect.....right?"
In my opinion (I know, I know, me me me, but I promise it's with the best intentions), wrong, very very wrong. It is my firm belief that the more you love someone, the more you absolutely want to behead them. Mind you, you also want to make out with them and send them flowers just as much, hopefully more.

But the ugly truth is that with Love we also receive wonderful amounts of worrying for the person we hold so dear. Herein lies the reason for wanting to behead our signifigant other, because you love and care for them so much, you worry for them, and they in turn drive you insane.

Now, before you go forsake Cupid and give him a black eye, remember, I am in no way an authority on Love in any way, shape, or form. I'm simply providing a perspective on it. Making it real so to speak, and taking it down from cloud 9 to be here with us earth dwellers.

2 comments:

  1. *functioning (note to self, a self spell check is always beneficial)

    ReplyDelete
  2. stop worrying about being narcissistic, i'm reading this blog cuz i wanna hear about you.
    i agree with a lot of this nonsense... though i'm less with the need to behead and more with a dull ache of longing, i think i'd much prefer to be with the person and help them through whatever it is than cut off their head. maybe that's just my extreme need to fix other people's problems... (hence me despising sad people...)

    ReplyDelete