Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Destiny

Destiny is just something people come up with to not take responsibility for our actions, right?
right??
RIGHT??

This is how a lot of people view the world, for destiny is a silly notion only believed only by silly children and angsty teens,
right?

In my opinion,
eh, kinda

On one side of the issue, I am all for taking charge of your own life and saying "fuck how it 'supposed to be', I know how I want it to be and I'll work for it"
to me this makes perfect sense, you work for something, so you get it, eventually
of course this can't be true for everything (unrequited love, being something I can think of and am MOST familiar with)

but on the opposite side of Destiny
we are all meant to do something
if we weren't, why would soem of us be better at writing, listening, math, etc. than others?
if there weren't at least a trace of Destiy in all of us, we would not be able to appreciate the "Made For Eachother" romance

"It's like Destiny or something!"


well maybe it is

but the problem with Destiny is we can never really know what ours is, so its quite a hard concept to really believe in, especially if life deals us a crappy hand.
That leaves us asking "who the HELL would plan for my life to be like this???"

In my opinion the philosophy of destiny is more for the more fortunate in life, because it is so easy to thinks things are exactly how they were meant to be when everything is coming up roses.

2 comments:

  1. Even the ones blessed with the most have some scores against them, and the poorest among us still have a few things to be thankful for.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you on destiny only being for the successful. In my opinion, we're all destined to be great, successful, happy. We just mess it up, and, thankfully, get another chance almost every time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your perspective!
    I didn't really think of it that way.

    ReplyDelete