Monday, May 24, 2010

What Came to Be... Part 1

My name is Alex, and to me highschool was an experience. I say this so blandly because at times, it was absolutely phenomenal, but at others it was distinguishably awful. I cannot honestly tell you if this was the hormones raging throughout my body or what, all I know is that it had serious ups and downs.

Now one may ask "Alex why are you dwelling on highschool now that you are a mature adult?"

This is because I did not dwell on highschool, it dwelled on me. More specifically it came back at me at a reunion of sorts.

The odd thing is that "highschool" cam back at me with kisses and love, instead of awful pettiness and immaturity as most people experience at their highschool reunions.

As I had said before highschool was an 'experience' for me because it balanced out both its epic experiences, and it's awful tragedies.
I only call some experiences tragedies because at the time, that is how they seemed. Most of them are quite laughable in retrospect.

Anyhow my funny little story really begins in an English class in which I decided I would utilize my profound musical talents to garner a spot in my schools glee club.
As I prepared my rendition of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" I saw a face different from the usual crowd walk in to the chorus room.
He was a vision in Nike dunks.
But because I was prone to such 'visions' i just continued belting of how I was a poor boy and nobody loves me, courtesy of the wonderful Freddy Mercury.
I could not keep myself from taking a glance or two, just to make sure it was actually who I though it was.
And to my delight and glee (haha, see what I did there?) it was. It the captain of both the soccer team and wrestling team. Reese High's own Adonnis himself, Johnny Tracer.
I felt my high note break as I saw him bend down to get his book bag off the floor after he had asked Miss Marks for the sheet music to "Radio Gaga" so he could audition for the glee club. I am not ashamed of it, it is what guys do, we look slack jawed at sights of absolute hotness.

OK so I will admit, I was quite possibly crushing as hard as I ever could. Which for me was quite impressive considering I had trained myself quite well NOT to do this, considering it gets a boy who likes boys into a lot of trouble in highschool.
It was always the jocks that always got me. They were just so wonderfully muscular. But there was something different about Johnny, he dressed really well, and it always flattered every asset of his being. The fact that he requested "Radio Gaga" for an audition for glee is what really caught my interest.
It was quite an interesting combo, a combo that I absolutely could NOT keep myself from staring slack jawed at.
This is where it all started.

No comments:

Post a Comment