Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Once Upon a Dream

There once was a little 8th grader who dreamed of having a boyfriend, of having someone with whom he would be happy with and love.

He's now a sophmore, and he's still dreaming (not to say he didn't get close to that dream)

but one thing this boy...me, noticed, is that although having my head up on cloud nine may not be the best thing all the time, I drew strength from all my daydreaming of an epic romance.

I now realize after a recent breakup, how strong dreams can make you. I know this sounds corny as hell, but bear with me here, I'm quite sure I have a point. I only realized this because, for a little while I had just stopped my little flights of fancy, but when they came back I just felt all the more better.

There was a palpable difference in me when I did not dream. Also once I got back in control of my daydreaming, my night dreams got better too! (for example no more upsetting drems about my ex, making me feel guilty about breaking up)

I must say, that now that I have gotten back into my dreaming habit I am so much more happy.

Dreams, they are truly a great and powerful thing. In my opinion, they are little messages from our subconcious telling us what we may or may not want from life.

Plus whenever I have a dream I always feel well rested (as long as that dream was good). Does anyone else feel like that?

1 comment:

  1. i sorta disagree.
    sometimes daydreams are cool and nice and lovely but a lot of other times they make me really depressed and glum and sometimes it makes me realize things about myself and my various situations and sometimes that's epiphanionic (of or pertaining to an epiphany? that's not a word... deal) and i understand stuff in my life better but other times it's just horribly horribly upsetting...
    they hardly ever mesh with my night dreams though, at least, not noticeably.

    ReplyDelete