Friday, May 28, 2010

What Came to Be...Part 2

That chorus room seemed to be crackling with a kind of intensity I had never felt before. I tried to write it off as crazy hormones rushing through my body, but I knew better that Johnny Tracer had an immediate hold over me like no other boy I had ever crushed on. Although, most of the other guys I had crushed on were not all that desirable .

  • There was the dreamy pothead
  • the seemingly nice emo-esque boy I had met at summer camp who dumped me over a third-hand text message
  • the wrestler who swore that although we went on dates, kissed, and talked with me until the sun was back up, was "straight as an arrow"
  • the freshman who took me on a couple of dates, did not kiss me, and then proceeded to say "it's not gonna work" after about a month
  • the other freshman who was entirely too forward and had more experience than ME, which was seriously odd

and now, above all the rest, there was Johnny Tracer, the all out jock and fast talking man's man, who I was falling for harder than Beyonce when one of her heels has broken on stage.

"Hey Alex, you've got some experience with this kind of stuff right?" Johnny said while pointing to his sheet music.

"yeah" was all I could say while trying to suppress a girlish squeal.

"Do you think maybe you could help me with my song? Cause I know Radio Gaga well but I don't know if I've got my pitch right for it."

"Oh"

"...So can you help me?"

"Oh yeah of course, do you wanna work on it now?"


"I can't I've got practice soon, but I have free tomorrow second period, do you have that free then?"


I had gym then, but as we all know, gym is not a priority so I responded, "Yeah, I'll do!"


"Sounds cool man, see ya then" he said as he walked out the door.

He was just as good too look at walking away as he was up front. Those jeans he was wearing did wonders for his 'assets'. As he walked out of the chorus room and I turned back to the piano to keep practicing 'Bohemian Rhapsody' my chorus teacher, Miss Madeline gave me a look that spoke volumes.
"So are you excited for Glee auditions?" was all she said. I knew she was really saying "Oh dear Alex Harting, you have a gargantuan crush on that boy"

But seeing as she was my teacher it would be a little out of line to say a thing as such.

Hours came and went, and it was second period of the next day already. It came surprisingly fast considering I hadn't slept the night before.

I got to the chorus room before Johnny did, and Miss Madeline was now giving another look that said something along the lines of "Alex, this is very nice of you, but what have you been dreaming up about this boy?"

I gave a shrug back that said "Miss Madeline, I don't even know myself"
It really is true that actions speak so much more than words, for Miss Madeline and I had entire conversations that just consisted of shrugs nods and other various and odd expressions.
I waited for ten minutes, and he still had not arrived.
Another ten minutes passed by and Miss Madeline asked me to go make some copies of a song for chorus.
That took about five minutes and when I got back to the chorus room he still was not their.

"Jesus, where IS he?" I muttered under my breath.

"Hmmm?" Miss Madeline replied.

"Oh, nothing I guess..." I said. I rehearsed my song for my audition for the rest of the period and then I went to Pre-Calc once the bell whisked me away.

I was so put off, I had been so excited to help him and then he just blew me off without even saying a thing.
Then there he was, at the window of the door of my Pre-Calc class, waving for me to come out and talk to him.

"Dude I am so sorry, Jamie said he needed help with his APLit. homework and it was an assignment I actually knew what was going on with and I just lost track of time. I feel like a douche cause you totally went out of your to help me. I'll make it up to you, how about we hang out on Saturday? We've got a piano at my house anyway and my ma teaches so she'd probably be able to sight read well enough." He said. He really did look like he was sorry.

"That sounds great, and don't worry about it, I had stuff I had to do anyhow" I lied. That was because I did not want to make him feel bad, especially since he had just invited me over to his house the next day.

"Oh also, bring something you can work out in, I know it sounds weird, but I gotta work out a little Saturday and I figure it would be nice to have someone to work out with me." Johnny said with a smile and what almost looked like a wink.

For a straight boy, he seemed oddly flirty. I was sure it was just my imagination and my deep wanting for him to be as into me as I was in to him, but something seemed quite different from most straight dudes I talked to.

Saturday rolled around, and in between when I had talked to Johnny and when I was at his front door, I was quite hard pressed to find "something I could work out in". My wardrobe consisted mostly of things one would never imagine being sweated on, ever. I was luckily able to steal some stuff from brothers room. It was not like he was using it, he had an apartment by that time, the way I figured any stuff he left in the house was a gift. Plus he always stole my clothes because we were the same size, so he started it.

Before I had chance to knock on his front door I saw Johnny waving to me from the window at the top of the front of his garage. Came down from the top of the garage and opened the door, already glistening and in a pair of gym shorts that did exactly for his 'assets' what the jeans I first saw him in had done for him.

"Hey man! Right on time! I got started a little early; just want to stay in great shape is all." He said almost looking embarrassed for being in such godly shape.

"No worries I don't think I'd be able to work out as long as you anyhow, as you can see I am not near your...uhm, stature" I said rather too awkwardly.

"Nah man I'm sure you can get there twice as fast as me" He said beaming.

"Well I'm not gonna get here standing around now am I! Let's go pump some iron!" I said. I felt so corny, but oh well. Johnny did not say anything he just went up the ladder into the above space in his garage and I followed, getting a wonderful view. He seemed so confident in himself, I knew that is why he did not care about me taking a jaw dropping look at him. He took it in such stride, it was so, endearing.

He started using the rowing machine, I stuck to the treadmill. When he got to his bench he asked me to spot him. I gladly obliged. As he lifted we kept eye contact the entire time, with any other person I would have been weirded out by, but with him felt so right. After he was done huffing and puffing something felt different to me, I felt as if some awkwardness had just slipped away. So to possibly more surprise to me than Johnny, I leaned down and kissed him.

Then to even more of my surprise he kissed me back, passionately. It was odd for he tasked sort of like sweat, but also slightly like big league chew. It was one of the best things ever.
Then he did something even better than kiss me, he held me while we shared that heated and passionate embrace.

We finally stopped kissing, there was a long pause where we just looked at each other, him at my stunned eyes, and me at his sparkling green beauties. Then I said. "Ummm, wait....what just happened?". This was interesting because I expected him to be the one to say this first.
He just smiled.
He smiled at me like he did not have a care in the world, and then he had my heart. I know how cheesy it sounds but it was and is 100 percent true.

"Well dude, it's pretty obvious what just happened. You kissed me, and it was awesome." He said in a very matter of fact tone.

"B-b-but you're straight, right?" I said. I was absolutely befuddled.

"Well...seeing as I think I enjoyed that more than you did, I'm gonna say I may have to re-evaluate that claim." He said as he continued to smile at me.

I envied him so much, I had never met a guy so confident in himself that not even something like figuring out he may be gay could phase him. I guess when you've got everything else figured out in your life, it's easier to figure out things as they come to you.

I was so amazed by him, and I really knew that he was perfect for me in every single way. I did not know how or why yet, but he was none the less. This was not good because now and forever, I was hooked on this boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment