Saturday, June 12, 2010

What Came to Be...Part 6

I ran to the soccer field as fast as I ever had. I was not quite sure why I had the need for the urgency, but I guess we all have to run as if we believe we are in an epic romance sometimes. Then, there he was striding up and down the soccer field, practically glowing. I watched whatever drill it was he and the team were doing and when they were done I called to him. Johnny came over and asked me, "What's up man?"


"Not much I kind of just anted to watch you at practice. I know it's weird, but yeah...also I just want you to know I really am OK with our whole 'arrangement' and that I really do understand where you're coming from. I'm only saying this because I'm pretty sure I was not very convincing when I first said this to you. I didn't really believe it myself, but I didn't want to upset you. You're an awesome guy, so I didn't want to leave you with my half-hearted response from the other day." I said, with a surprisingly good pace for myself.


"Oh, thank you Alex. That means a lot, cause I was kind of feeling bad about it. I just can't really see any other option right now. I'm sure I'll be able to ease into something else now, but for now I think I'd more like to go on with what we're doing. Yeah, so that makes me feel a lot better. OK, now I can't kiss you right here for obvious reasons even though I kind of want to, but would a bro-hug suffice until later tonight?" He said with a smile that kind of grew with every sentence.


"That sounds great, I'd love one." I said.


We hugged and then he went back to practice.
Later that night we got a lot more rehearsing in than I thought we would.
By this I mean that we matched each hour of talking or making out with an hour of rehearsal. We would have many awesome nights like this thanks to duets from Glee, but I am getting ahead of myself.
Once it got to be around eight that night Johnny said, "Woah dude, you hear that?"


"Hear what?" I asked.


"My stomach, I'm mad hungry." Johnny said.
I then heard a sound that went something like "GROOOWWWWMMMMNNAAAAA" coming from the vicinity of Johnny's digestive tract.


"Woah, so we need food, like, now" I said.


"I think pizza is what I crave, and a movie. They are quite a good coupling. We luckily have one of those awesome freezer pizza things ready to go. I'll go put that in the oven and you pick out a movie from the cabinet over there" he said while gesturing over to a large black wood cabinet.


I opened it. It was like a library of every awesome movie you have ever seen, and have not seen. I wanted to pick a Disney movie to be all cute, but then something much more important caught my eye.
Mean Girls, my absolute favorite.
It was smack dab in the middle of all the movies.
Johnny came out to see what I had picked and the moment he saw what I picked, he kissed me.
DING!
"You're awesome. This movie is my absolute favorite. Dude, it's like you're in my head sometimes." he said after a wonderful kiss.


"Likewise" I replied. The oven's noise making could not have conveyed my feelings any better.


"The oven's ready. I'll go put in the pizza and then we'll start the movie." He said.

"You got it." I said as I just lied on the floor and stared up at the ceiling. It was not quite like me, but Johnny sort of just made me feel so surreal. He brought out the more relaxed side of myself that I would usually rarely let out. I loved that about him.

"Whatcha thinkin' about?" Johnny asked me, tilting his head ever so slightly.

"Oh nothing." I said.

"Oh come on, there is something on your mind. No one just stares up at a ceiling for no reason, well except for maybe me, but that's because I can be kind of an airhead sometimes..." Johnny said.

"Fine, you're right. I was just wondering, why are you're parents never here Johnny? Not that I mind, I was just wondering." I asked. I was only half lying. It had been on my mind, simply not at that specific moment.

"Oh well...they just work a lot. It's kind of always been that way. I guess I'm just used to it so I kind of forgot to explain." He responded with a very despondent look on his face.

"Oh Johnny, I'm sorry, that must really suck." I said. I grabbed his hand.

"I won't lie. It does, but I guess I've gotten used to it. They've pretty much been workaholics ever since I was born. I was closer with my nanny than I was them..." He said. He looked as if he were about to say more but then he changed where he was going. "Can I have a hug?"

"Of course"
Then he held me so tight, and I returned the gesture. We stayed that way for a while. We stayed like that long enough for the pizza to be done. During that period I could swear I heard him sniffle a couple of times, but I just held him. He need me that moment, and I was ready to take him with open arms. I felt as if the world had just melted away and it was just me and him and no one else.
Once the pizza went off I just softly whispered, "I'm pretty hungry. We probably shouldn't let that pizza burn."

He chuckled, sounding relieved, wiped his eyes and went to get the pizza.
That boy never failed to surprise me. He seemed so macho and like such a bro at school but when we were alone, he was just himself.
Johnny brought out two gigantic slices of pizza. They smelled heavenly. Then we started the movie and Johnny surprised me once more.

He was lying down on the couch and I looked quite confused for I was not quite sure of where I should sit. Johnny then said, "What are looking around for, come over here and sit with me!"

Johnny wanted me to cuddle with him. I was blown away. It is really a small gesture, but then it meant the world to me. I never wanted to eat pizza anywhere else except in his arms.

We had many nights like this that week. Rehearsing, kissing, talking, rehearsing some more, making dinner, watching a movie and cuddling until my parents called for me to come home.
When we performed "Somebody to Love" we knocked it out of the park. Everyone was clapping including the people who realized they should have rehearsed more.
We both got in to the Glee Club and we had many more nights like those during that wonderful week.
It would have been perfect if it were not for one thing.
I say thing because I cannot possibly call her a person for what she did Johnny. If there has ever been one person I have ever hated in my life, it was that spawn of Satan bitch Lyssa.

What she did was unspeakable and vindictive to the very core.

No comments:

Post a Comment