Sunday, June 13, 2010

What Came to Be...Part 7

Lyssa King was the Queen of all bitches, and up until three months or so before Johnny and I were together Johnny was under her lock and key.
He followed her around like a wounded animal, it had been a painful sight to see.
I like to think that Johnny had been with her because he saw some good in her, but could have also been because she was the self proclaimed hottest girl in the school.
All the girls wanted to be her, and everyone hated her including the boys.

To imagine how exponentially awful this she-devil was, imagine the Queen Bitch at your high school, multiply her bitchiness by itself, and you roughly have the amount of bitchiness Lyssa had on a good day.

If you have not gathered this yet, she was absolutely rotten to the very core.
She ruled the school with and iron, well manicured fist.
At the point Johnny and I were together, she was still griping about him breaking up with her to all who would bother to hear.
And one day she saw Johnny and I kiss in his car as we left school, but neither of us were aware until it was altogether to late.

A week later after Lyssa had spotted us people at the school kept giving me and Johnny dirty looks.
"Did you say anything to anyone?" Johnny asked me during Glee rehearsal. I did not want to lie to him, so I said,

"Yes. Riley Gagne and Miss Madeline, but I already talked to both and they said haven't told a soul."

"Are you sure, because some one clearly knows. One of the guys on the team called me a faggot for no reason today, it sucked. Also we both have been getting looks from everyone here in the room if you haven't noticed." Johnny said with a slight edge.

"First of all I can tell you're mad I didn't say anything to you about Riley or Miss Madeline and I'm sorry, I was gonna say something. They are both very trustworthy, you don't have to worry about them, I know they didn't say anything. Also maybe someone just started a rumor, we have been hanging out a lot, leaving school together, you haven't dated anyone lately and also we made out in the parking lot." I explained.

"Yeah, you've got a point, We haven't been as careful as I had planned. I just don't know what to do, what if someone saw us in the parking lot last week? I swore it was empty, but who knows...ugh I feel sick." Johnny said.

"Boys, are you even practicing the routine?" Miss Madeline shouted at us from the other side of the chorus room.

"Sorry!" We both said at the same time. Everyone was looking at us for some reason, they weren't even trying to hide the looks they were giving us.

And that is when I realized who was behind it all as I saw Lyssa whispering to another Glee member and then glaring at Johnny and me. I realized she must have seen us the week we kissed in the parking lot. I did not know how she had seen it, but I just knew it was her. Only someone as unnaturally evil as her could have pulled that.

"Johnny, it's Lyssa, she must have seen us somehow, I don't know how, but she did. This is exactly something that bitch would do." I said with venom I did not know I possessed.

"Shit. shit...SHIT. Alex! This is not good! That makes so much sense too. She's the only one with the kind of pure unadulterated evil in her heart to spread a rumor to the entire school in such a short period of time." Johnny said. He sounded as if he had just come down with the flu.

"We've just gotta stay calm and play dumb. If we don't act guilty the rumor will just die off. I've seen it work thousands of times." I said in my calmest voice possible.

"Ok I trust you, but we gotta lay low for a little while OK? So maybe your parents could drive you to my house or something, and we keep our kissing strictly to my house." Johnny said with a tremor in his voice.

"Yeah of course." I said without really listening. My mind was on Lyssa and how to keep Johnny safe from her. It kept me up all night, and Johnny too. We just texted each other while we waited for the night to become early morning which despite the circumstances was quite nice. It showed me that we could talk anytime about anything.

I came into school the next morning feeling quite good despite Lyssa's adversity.
Until I spotted the fliers all over the floor.
They had no words on them,
just one picture.
It was of me and Johnny kissing in his car.
It was then I realized Lyssa was not the spawn of Satan, she was the second coming of the Beelzebub himself.
She did not write a thing on the fliers so she could not get her in trouble with the for saying something negative about us and there was no way to prove it was her.
I then remembered my friends in high places. More specifically Riley who was an avid member of the 'Future CSI's' club.

before I could open up my phone to text her and ask her if I could borrow her fingerprinting equipment I received a text from Johnny

"Have you seen the fliers?" he asked

"Yes I responded. Are you OK?" I asked

"I don't know..." He responded.

I grabbed a couple of fliers and headed over to the Chem labs. I was in luck for that particular day was also the day that the 'Future CSI's' club had its meeting.

"I need you guys to do something for me..." I asked.

When I told Riley of the situation and she explained it to the club, and they went to work. They printed me, matched them up with the ones on the fliers and found one other set of prints. Then Riley quickly sprinted to the girls locker room and pulled the prints off of Lyssa's gym locker.

"It's a match" Riley told me with a wonderful little grin.

"Yeah, but how do we make her pay?" I asked.

"Well it's pretty simple actually, whoever spread the sheets around the school was littering, vandalizing, because she had pasted some to the wall and did not get permission from the school to put up fliers. You can at the least get her a week of detentions." said a more Law minded FCSI.

"Good job Hank." Riley said with the same venom that was in my voice the previous night.
"Alright now go Alex, and find him, Johnny probably needs you more than he needs you to get back at Lyssa. We'll take care of it, Hank will have the administration on that bitches ass like white on fucking rice." Riley said with increased venom.

"I've said this before, and I will most likely say it again. Riley Gagne, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH" I said over my shoulder as I ran out the door and texted Johnny a hurried "Where R U?"

"My homeroom, room 316. Please get here fast..." he texted back

I ran faster than I had ever ran before because for once my stupid high school drama for once actually meant something to me. Then I saw him waiting for me in the halls. He said everyone had been asking him about the fliers
I then explained what I had Riley do for us.

"Oh, Alex, that wasn't necessary." Johnny said, keeping his modesty, even when he was at his lowest.

"It was Johnny. It was for you. You deserve the world and more. Despite our odd arrangement, you've been the best boyfriend I've ever had. You mean so much to me, you always say good morning and goodnight, you look at me as if I am the only person on this earth, you have awesome taste in movies, music and clothes, you are quite possibly the most attractive guy I have ever kissed and you treat as if I'm the same way, you hug me close and tight, and I...I love you Johnny Tracer. Goddammit I told myself I wouldn't let that happen, but I love you so goddamn much and I don't give a shit who knows and I hope you feel the same, but in some ways that doesn't even matter because it won't change how I feel about you, no matter how messed up that is..." I said entirely too loudly.

"FUCKING QUEERS!" a jock yelled at us from two feet away.

"Go away now Tommy, this has nothing to do with you..." Johnny said in the most icy tone I had ever heard in my life.

"What the fuck are you gonna do about it ya fairy?" Tommy spat back.

"This." Johnny said while grabbing Tommy's neck and slamming his head into a locker. Lucky for Johnny, there were no teachers around to see his assault or the few kicks that followed and Tommy was too proud to admit he had just gotten his ass handed to him by a gay guy.

Then amidst the gasps from the crowd in the hallway, Johnny kissed me right there, in front of everyone. He then gave me one of the best hugs ever. It was as if he said I love you a thousand times with those three quick actions, yet while everyone in the hallway was buzzing about us Johnny whispered into my ear, "I love you too Alex, and I don't care what anyone thinks about it."

I cried my first real tears of joy that day, all because of Johnny.

"I'll talk to you at lunch OK? I've still got a lot to say and explain. Text me if you like but I'm saving most of what I have to say for lunch." He said with a smile.

"OK" was all I could manage to say without getting overly emotional.

The boy I had been secret dating for months, was no longer a secret anymore, he didn't care, and also, he loved me. I was on top of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment